SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Databases and Alternate hosts

| posted 01 Oct, 2015 20:11
Hello! I'm trying to get Phamerator up and going for my phages using the 2015 VM. We will be annotating both mycobacteriophages and propionibacterio phages. For the myco' I have updated the Phamerator database, but don't see my new phages, even though it says they have been phamerated. Can you please post the server location and database names I should be using?
| posted 05 Oct, 2015 14:00
Hi Jordan,

Apologies, we haven't done a great job of letting everyone know the updated Phamerator settings. We've combined all of the Actinobacteria phages into a single Phamerator database. It is now available by using the following settings in Phamerator (go to Edit–>Preferences in Phamerator to change these values).

Take care to type exactly, because these are all case-sensitive and must be input exactly as shown.

Server:
http://phamerator.webfactional.com/databases_Hatfull

Database:
Actino_Draft

After entering both of these values, click "Force Database Update". Wait while Phamerator updates, then it'll prompt you to restart. Do that. If you're prompted for a password at any point, it should be simply: "phage".

–Dan
Edited 05 Oct, 2015 14:00
| posted 20 Jan, 2016 22:44
Hi

I had the exact same question. I just forced an update (the settings were already as shown in Dan's post, but my phage still don't show up. I'm looking for timmi and briton15

Ken
| posted 20 Jan, 2016 22:47
hmm

I think I didn't restart phamerator correctly it's downloading updates now
| posted 20 Jan, 2016 22:51
yep - it showed up now. I found Timmi and he wasn't trapped in a well.

Thanks
| posted 21 Jan, 2016 03:55
ksaville
yep - it showed up now. I found Timmi and he wasn't trapped in a well.

Thanks

I never understood why Timmi was so interested in playing near wells all the time. Glad to hear he's safe and you've figured out the Phamerator issue!

–Dan

Login to post a reply.